Download 2013 Scholarship Application.
The National Trailer Dealers Association (NTDA) is proud to once again offer a scholarship for a graduating high school senior whose parent is an employee of an NTDA member company. In 2013, the scholarship increased to a whopping $9,500 thanks to the generous support of MeritorWabco, Michelin, East Manufacturing Corp., HAVCO Wood Products LLC, Pitts Trailers, Dynaweld Trailers and Dorsey Trailers. Without the underwriting of these companies, the scholarship program would not be possible.
- The NTDA Scholarship Program provides one $9,500 scholarship. Applicant must be a child of an individual that is actively employed by an NTDA member company at the time of application. The child must be a graduating high school senior who is going into college the following year.
- Qualification criteria include academic capability, financial need, personal and school references, participation in school and community activities, and work experience. These criteria are evaluated by judges using a weighted scoring system with financial need receiving 50% of the total consideration.
- Finalists will be required to provide verification of income. You will be notified if you are considered a finalist for the scholarship, and you may be asked to provide information relating to verification of income to the CPA firm Smith, Koelling, Dykstra & Ohm, P.C.
- The scholarship recipient is notified mid-September once the judging process is complete.
- Applicant must be a candidate for graduation from high school at the time of application.
- Applicant must be a child of an individual that is actively employed by an NTDA member company at the time of application. The term “child” includes natural, adopted, stepchildren and legal wards.
Conditions of Scholarship
- During the period for which the scholarship is applicable, the grantee must be a full-time student pursuing a course of study toward a degree.
- The scholarship will be awarded to the student after he or she has successfully completed one quarter/semester at an accredited, degree-granting college or university, and the educational institution provides an official copy of his or her transcript(s) to the NTDA for verification.
- The scholarship is a one-time award and is nonrenewable.
Each applicant is responsible for gathering and submitting all information on or before the deadline stated on the application form.
Complete the Application Form and send it to:
National Trailer Dealers Association
9864 E. Grand River Ave., Suite 110-290
Brighton, MI 48116
Fax: (810) 229-5961
High school transcripts and letters of recommendation may be mailed separately from your Application Form. It is the responsibility of the applicant to verify that transcripts and letters of recommendation are forwarded by the school or individual as intended and subsequently received by the deadline at the NTDA.
Incomplete or late entries will not be considered.
Questions? Contact NTDA Executive Director Gwen Brown with questions toll-free at 1-800-800-4552, direct dial (810) 229-5960, or e-mail email@example.com.
Congratulations to 2012 NTDA Scholarship Recipient Justin Taylor!
Congratulations to 2011 NTDA Scholarship Recipient Carrie Cain!